An independent initiative by members of the Canadian Kennel Club and associates designed to endorse, support and maintain the integrity and purpose of the purebred dog through education, advertising and sponsorship at major dog shows and related events across Canada.
Recently a group of concerned individuals banded together to better endorse and capture the essence of the purebred dog in all ways possible through promotion, protection and education, with a desire to fortify the status of the purebred dog across Canada. Read More
This is where it all begins. A young purebred beauty, purchased from a responsible breeder, that will give you years of enjoyment with the added bonus of thrusting you and your family into the exciting world of purebred dogs and possibly dog shows and related competitive events. Read More
Is it cruel to lock my dog in a crate or cage?
Many people think this is true, as they would certainly not want to be locked in a crate (note that dog crate and dog cage are the same thing) for any length of time themselves. Read More
- What are the hospital’s business hours? Do they fit your schedule?
- How many veterinarians are at the hospital?
- Can you see the same vet on each visit? Read More
A primer for new or first time puppy buyers
- Alcohol (Beer, Wine, Spirits) same effect on liver and brain that it has on humans with an even greater risk of illness.
- Avocado: Contains persin, a substance that can damage heart, lung and other tissue.
- Baby Food: May contain onion powder, which can be toxic to dogs. Read More
If you are near a neighbour’s dog or a friend’s dog, always ask the person in charge if you can pet it before you play with it. Always let a dog see you and smell you before you touch it, even if it is your own dog. Dogs get to know people, places and things by how they smell. Read More