An independent initiative by members of the Canadian Kennel Club and associates designed to endorse, support and maintain the integrity and purpose of the purebred dog through education, advertising and sponsorship at major dog shows and related events across Canada.
Recently a group of concerned individuals banded together to better endorse and capture the essence of the purebred dog in all ways possible through promotion, protection and education, with a desire to fortify the status of the purebred dog across Canada. Read More
Your dog’s registration certificate is a rather formal looking document issued by the registering body/club of the country where you live. Read More
- Alcohol (Beer, Wine, Spirits) same effect on liver and brain that it has on humans with an even greater risk of illness.
- Avocado: Contains persin, a substance that can damage heart, lung and other tissue.
- Baby Food: May contain onion powder, which can be toxic to dogs. Read More
For thousands of years, man has bred strains of dogs with desired characteristics and/or ability and instincts to perpetuate and enhance these characteristics. Purebred dogs are true to type when mated. Offspring are predictable in appearance and instinct, and are more reliable in temperament. Read More
We Canadians are a very competitive group on the whole. Just check out any of your local sports fields or arenas. That competitive spirit can find many outlets in the Purebred Dog World. There are any number of Performance Sports available to you as a Purebred Dog owner. Read More
A primer for new or first time puppy buyers
- What are the hospital’s business hours? Do they fit your schedule?
- How many veterinarians are at the hospital?
- Can you see the same vet on each visit? Read More