An independent initiative by members of the Canadian Kennel Club and associates designed to endorse, support and maintain the integrity and purpose of the purebred dog through education, advertising and sponsorship at major dog shows and related events across Canada.
Recently a group of concerned individuals banded together to better endorse and capture the essence of the purebred dog in all ways possible through promotion, protection and education, with a desire to fortify the status of the purebred dog across Canada. Read More
NEVER ASSUME!! Just because your dog has been safe 1,000 times before, does not mean that it is safe all the time. You never know what will cause a dog that has always been perfect off leash, to suddenly bolt and run. Read More
There are lots of reasons why you might like to show your dog.
- Show off what a fabulous dog you have
The showing process compares your dog with other dogs, which can convince other people what a fabulous dog you have. Read More
Is it cruel to lock my dog in a crate or cage?
Many people think this is true, as they would certainly not want to be locked in a crate (note that dog crate and dog cage are the same thing) for any length of time themselves. Read More
- What are the hospital’s business hours? Do they fit your schedule?
- How many veterinarians are at the hospital?
- Can you see the same vet on each visit? Read More
- Alcohol (Beer, Wine, Spirits) same effect on liver and brain that it has on humans with an even greater risk of illness.
- Avocado: Contains persin, a substance that can damage heart, lung and other tissue.
- Baby Food: May contain onion powder, which can be toxic to dogs. Read More
If you are near a neighbour’s dog or a friend’s dog, always ask the person in charge if you can pet it before you play with it. Always let a dog see you and smell you before you touch it, even if it is your own dog. Dogs get to know people, places and things by how they smell. Read More